Beyond organic search engine optimization, paid search is a marketing strategy you should absolutely implement to attract new patients. First, however, it’s crucial to know what paid search entails in order to fully understand why it’s so important for your plastic surgery practice.
PPC, or pay-per-click advertising or paid ads, allows you to bid on keyword placements within search engine results pages. This means your ad may appear above or alongside organic listings when potential patients search terms related to your services. The main network of PPC is Google Ads. With plastic surgery PPC, you only pay when someone clicks your ad. However, it does require an ongoing budget and management of your campaigns.
This article will discuss why plastic surgery PPC should be on your radar and its basics. Furthermore, we will cover strategies for creating successful campaigns.
Why PPC Should Be on Every Plastic Surgeon’s Radar
Paid search advertising taps into our natural desire to quickly find answers online when concerned about something. As plastic surgery continues to get popular, it’s wise for practice owners to acknowledge how their communities are finding information.
Just like any plastic surgery digital marketing strategy, PPC has its benefits. One of the main benefits is increased visibility. Plastic surgeon ads place your brand prominently in front of customers actively searching for procedures in your area. This raises awareness as patients conduct initial online research: you’re top of mind for those motivated to learn more.
Beyond recognition, plastic surgery PPC enables targeted outreach. Precise bids allow you to focus on local markets, specific keywords, and even devices or times of day that resonate most. This grants access to qualified prospective leads considering a rhinoplasty, breast lift, or other procedure, locally.
From a budget perspective, paid search also provides flexibility. Unlike traditional marketing, you only pay when ads drive traffic, making costs easier to forecast. Adjusting campaigns based on results keeps the focus on high-converting strategies.
Of course, aside from clicks, the ultimate goal is to get new patients. This is why you need purpose-built landing pages optimized for conversions. A landing page is a specific page on your plastic surgery website that users are directed to after clicking on your PPC ad. It’s designed to convert visitors into leads or customers by giving them the information they need to take the next step. Professional templates paired with prominent calls to action convert interest into real leads.
Understanding the Basics of PPC Ads for Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery PPC advertising allows you to create and display ads on search engines, social media platforms, and other websites. Plastic surgeons bid on specific keywords or target specific demographics, and their ads are displayed to users searching for relevant terms or fitting the specified criteria. When a user clicks on the ad, the advertiser is charged a predetermined amount.
For plastic surgeons, PPC advertising offers a way to reach potential patients actively searching for specific procedures or services. It involves:
- Bidding on keywords like “rhinoplasty,” “breast augmentation,” “liposuction,” “facelift,” etc.
- Creating ads that highlight procedures offered and location
- Tracking conversions like contact form fills or consult requests
- Retargeting visitors who don’t convert to encourage them to re-engage
- Adjusting bids and ads to optimize click-through-rates and return on ad spend
There are various types of PPC ads, including but not limited to:
1. Search ads: Text-based ads that appear at the top or bottom of search engine results pages (SERPs) when users search for specific keywords. Plastic surgeons can create compelling ad copy highlighting their expertise, services, and unique selling points. When users click on the search ads, they are directed to the surgeon’s website or a designated landing page.
2. Display ads: These are visually appealing banner or image-based ads on various websites within an advertising network. Plastic surgeons can create attractive display ads that feature before-and-after images, testimonials, or other visual elements to capture the attention of potential patients.
3. Remarketing ads: These ads target individuals who have previously visited a plastic surgeon’s website or landing page. These ads can be displayed to users browsing other websites or social media platforms using tracking pixels or cookies. Remarketing ads can remind potential patients and encourage them to revisit the surgeon’s website or take the desired action, such as scheduling a consultation.
4. Social media ads: Plastic surgeons can leverage social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube to run PPC ads. These ads can target specific demographics, interests, or behaviors, allowing surgeons to reach potential patients based on their profiles and activities. Social media ads allow users to engage through interactive ad formats like videos, carousels, or lead generation forms.
5. Local Service Ads (LSA): These plastic surgery PPC ads are available for certain locations. Local Service Ads appear at the top of search engine results and include important information like the surgeon’s phone number, reviews, and hours of operation.
Delivering Business Results: Our Digital Marketing Case Studies
Creating Successful PPC Campaigns for Plastic Surgeons
Connecting with the right patients requires understanding their mindset. As professionals dedicated to transforming lives, you know people’s inner journey when considering change. Let’s walk you through what it takes to craft impactful paid search campaigns.
Define Campaign Objectives and Target Audience
Ask yourself what you want to achieve with your campaign – do you want to drive more website traffic, generate more leads, or increase the number of consultations? This will help you tailor your ads and landing pages to resonate with your target audience.
Once you know your objectives, you can identify your target audience. Who will most likely be interested in your products or services? What are their needs and pain points? Use data from your website analytics, social media insights, or market research.
Perform Keyword Research Using Google Keyword Planner
Once you clearly understand your campaign objectives and target audience, it’s time to perform keyword research. Google Keyword Planner is a popular tool to help you identify relevant keywords and phrases for your PPC campaign. Start by brainstorming a list of keywords related to your practice and procedures. Then, use Google Keyword Planner to identify relevant keywords and phrases with high search volume and low competition. Don’t forget long-tail keywords, such as “breast augmentation financing” or “rhinoplasty recovery time,” which can attract highly qualified leads.
Adhere to PPC Advertising Guidelines and Legal Requirements
Familiarize yourself with the guidelines set by advertising platforms like Google Ads or social media channels to ensure your ads meet their policies. Furthermore, ensure that your ads are truthful and not misleading. Comply with industry regulations such as HIPAA. HIPAA sets national standards for protecting the privacy and security of individuals’ medical records, and it’s important to ensure that your ads comply with these standards.
Protect patient privacy and confidentiality by avoiding using personal identifiable information (PII) in your ads or landing pages without proper consent.
Ensure transparency and accuracy in your advertising. Avoid making exaggerated claims or guarantees about outcomes. To build trust with potential patients, provide authentic and reliable information about your services.
Create Dedicated Landing Pages for Each Campaign
A landing page is a targeted web page where users land after clicking on your ad, providing a focused experience that aligns with the ad’s messaging and intent. To optimize the success of your plastic surgery PPC campaigns:
- Design each landing page with a clear and persuasive call-to-action (CTA) that aligns with your campaign objectives.
- Highlight the unique benefits of your plastic surgery services, provide relevant information, and incorporate compelling visuals to engage visitors.
- Ensure your landing pages are optimized for a seamless user experience, including fast loading times, mobile responsiveness, and intuitive navigation.
A user-friendly landing page enhances the chances of visitors taking the desired action, such as booking a consultation or requesting additional information.
Have a Clear Call to Action on Landing Pages
One of the points above to optimize your campaign’s success is a clear CTA and that can not be overstated. Whether scheduling a consultation, requesting a brochure, or contacting your practice, a well-defined CTA helps drive conversions. You should:
- Make your CTA prominent and visually appealing. Use persuasive language that creates a sense of urgency or highlights the benefits of taking action.
- Place the CTA strategically on the landing page, ensuring it stands out and is easily accessible.
- Consider incorporating trust signals near your CTA, such as testimonials, awards, or certifications, to instill confidence in potential patients.
Test Landing Page Elements for Optimization
Optimizing your landing pages is an ongoing process that involves testing various elements to improve their performance. Conduct A/B tests to compare different landing page versions and determine which elements generate better results.
Test different headlines, visuals, CTA placements, and forms to identify what resonates best with your target audience. Analyze metrics like click-through, conversion, and bounce rates to assess the effectiveness of each variation.
Additionally, consider the impact of page load times on user experience. Optimize your landing pages for fast loading to minimize bounce rates and ensure a smooth browsing experience.
Regularly monitor and analyze the test data to make informed decisions about optimizing your landing pages. Continually refine and iterate on your designs to maximize conversions and improve the overall effectiveness of your PPC campaigns.
Tracking, Managing, and Improving Plastic Surgery PPC
PPC reporting tools like Google Ads and Google Analytics provide valuable insights into your campaign’s performance, such as conversion rates, cost per click, and return on ad spend. These tools also allow you to track the effectiveness of different ad groups, keywords, and landing pages, enabling you to make data-driven decisions to optimize your campaigns.
Furthermore, analyze your competitors’ PPC campaigns to get valuable insights into what works and what doesn’t in your industry. You can use tools like Spyfu, Ahrefs, or SEMrush to research your competitors’ keywords, ad copy, and landing pages. This information can help you identify gaps in your campaigns and make improvements to stay ahead of the competition.
Additionally, automate certain aspects of your plastic surgeon PPC campaigns, such as bid management, ad rotation, and keyword optimization, to save you time and improve performance. For instance, automated bidding strategies like Google Ads’ Smart Bidding can optimize your bids based on real-time data to maximize conversions and return on ad spend. However, you still need to strike a balance between automation and human oversight to maintain control and avoid unintended consequences.
Quality score and Adrank are equally important to gauge your campaign performance. Quality Score reflects the relevance and quality of your ads, keywords, and landing pages. A higher Quality Score can lead to better ad positions and lower costs. Ad Rank determines your ad’s position in search engine results, considering factors such as bid, Quality Score, and ad extensions. Focus on improving Quality Score by aligning your keywords, ad copy, and landing pages with search intent. Optimize your ad campaigns to enhance Ad Rank through strategic bidding, ad relevance, and landing page experience.
Choosing the Right Plastic Surgery PPC Agency
Pay-per-click (PPC) allows plastic surgeons to target specific audience segments, increase brand awareness, generate leads, and drive conversions. However, creating and managing a successful PPC campaign can be complex and time-consuming, requiring a deep understanding of PPC best practices, keyword research, ad copywriting, landing page optimization, and campaign tracking and analysis.
That’s where a PPC agency like Comrade Digital Marketing can help. Our team of experienced PPC professionals has a proven track record of creating and managing successful PPC campaigns for plastic surgeons nationwide. Don’t let your PPC campaigns fall flat. Partner with Comrade Digital Marketing today to take your plastic surgery practice to the next level. Contact us to learn more about our PPC services and how we can help you achieve your PPC marketing goals.