Facebook is the most popular social media platform out there, with over 2.9 billion active users worldwide. Sure, the platform facilitates communication among users, but that’s not its only function. Businesses can also run targeted ads on the platform; Facebook Ads allow roofing companies to target specific demographics and locations, ensuring their ads are seen by the right people at the right time.
With this article, we hope to provide a comprehensive guide for roofing businesses on using Facebook Ads effectively. We’ll discuss why you should choose Facebook ads and why Facebook Ads actually work for roofers. We’ll also explore how to generate leads on Facebook and go over some examples of Facebook ads for roofers.
Delivering Business Results: Our Digital Marketing Case Studies
Why Choose Facebook Ads
There are quite a few reasons why roofing businesses should choose Facebook for their advertising needs. Firstly, Facebook Ads can be a cost-effective advertising option for businesses of all sizes. Advertisers can set their own budget and only pay when someone clicks on their ad or performs a specific action.
Also, it offers a variety of ad formats, including image ads, video ads, carousel ads, and more. This allows businesses to choose the format that best suits their advertising goals and create engaging and visually appealing ads.
On top of that, Facebook ad campaign provides detailed analytics that allow companies to track the performance of their ads. Roofing contractors can see how many people saw their ad, clicked on it, and converted into customers.
Facebook Ads also allow businesses to retarget users who have previously interacted with their website or Facebook page. This means that businesses can show ads to users who have already shown an interest in their products or services, increasing the likelihood of conversion.
Facebook offers education-based marketing—a type of marketing that focuses on educating prospective customers about your service. When you provide users with valuable information, they’re more likely to see you as a trusted expert and be more likely to choose your business. This can be done through blog posts, articles, videos, webinars, and other content.
There are a few different ways to use education-based marketing on Facebook. One way is to create a Facebook page for your roofing business and post regular updates about your industry. You can also share interesting articles, videos, and other content that your target audience will find valuable.
Another way to use education-based marketing on Facebook is to run ads. You can create ads that promote your blog posts, articles, videos, or webinars. You can also create ads that link to your website or landing page.
Facebook Ads vs. Google AdWords
When comparing Facebook Ads and Google AdWords, it’s important to understand each platform’s advantages.
Both platforms focus on targeting, but Facebook Ads primarily target specific demographics or interests based on user profiles and activity on the platform. This targeting capability allows businesses to reach a particular audience, making it effective for brand awareness campaigns and generating roofing leads.
On the other hand, Google Ads focuses on targeting keywords and intent-based search queries. This means businesses can reach potential customers actively searching for specific products or services. Google AdWords is particularly effective for capturing users at the bottom of the sales funnel, as they are actively looking for solutions and are more likely to convert.
More differences between Facebook Ads and Google Adwords include:
- Cost: Both platforms offer cost-per-click (CPC) advertising, but the cost can vary depending on the industry and competition. Generally, Google AdWords tends to be more expensive than Facebook Ads.
- Intent: Users on Facebook are typically there to socialize and connect with friends and family, while users on Google search for information and solutions to their problems. This can impact how the roofing Facebook ads work on each platform.
Why Facebook Ads for Roofers Work
With its vast user base and advanced targeting options, Facebook allows those in the roofing industry to reach their ideal customers effectively and efficiently. We now know this medium offers several advantages for roofing businesses, reinforcing their marketing efforts and driving tangible results. Now let’s talk about how can you get started with Facebook Ads.
1. Create a Clearly Defined Goal
The first step in any successful Facebook Ads campaign is to define your goal. A clearly defined goal will help you stay focused and measure the success of your campaign later on. When creating your goal, following the S.M.A.R.T. goal framework is essential. S.M.A.R.T. stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
Specific goals help you outline the desired outcome precisely. For example, if you’re aiming to generate a certain number of leads or increase brand awareness among a specific demographic. Measurable goals allow you to track and quantify your progress by monitoring the number of clicks, conversions, or impressions. Furthermore, ensure your goals are attainable and realistic within your available resources. They should also be relevant to your overall Facebook roofing marketing strategy and aligned with your target audience’s needs. Finally, set a time-bound goal to create a sense of urgency and allow for ongoing evaluation and optimization.
2. Targeting the Right Audience with Facebook Ads
The success of your Facebook Ads campaign depends on targeting the right audience. Facebook’s advanced targeting options provide unprecedented opportunities to reach potential customers interested in your roofing services.
Start by analyzing your existing customer base and identifying key demographics, such as age, location, income level, and interests. Leverage Facebook’s targeting tools to narrow your audience based on these criteria and other engagement factors. Consider factors like homeownership, recent home purchases, or engagement with relevant content to refine your targeting further. You can also use Facebook’s Lookalike Audiences feature to reach new people that are similar to your existing customers.
3. Create the Right Offer
Your offer should be something that is relevant to your target audience and that will entice them to take action. An offer can come in different forms, including:
- A free roof inspection for potential customers can lead to additional business if repairs or replacements are needed.
- Discounted repair services incentivize customers to choose your business over competitors.
- Financing options to make your services more accessible to prospective customers who may not have the funds upfront.
- Referral rewards to customers who refer new prospects to your company
- Seasonal promotions such as gutter cleaning or snow removal. This offer can help drive business during slower periods and keep your company top of mind for customers.
- Maintenance packages that include regular inspections and repairs.
Ensure that your offer is communicated creatively in your ad and that a clear call to action directs users to take the desired action, such as contacting you or submitting their information.
How to Get Roofing Leads on Facebook: Use this Facebook Funnel
A Facebook funnel is a marketing strategy involving different stages to attract, engage, and convert potential leads. It takes advantage of Facebook’s targeting capabilities to reach the right audience and guide them through each sales process step. Your Facebook funnel might look something like this:
- Someone sees your Facebook campaign and clicks on it.
- They visit your website and learn more about your company and the services you offer.
- They fill out a contact form or call you to schedule a consultation.
- You close the deal and install a new roof for the customer.
Each step in the funnel is designed to move potential customers closer to a purchase. The key components of a Facebook funnel for roofing lead generation are below.
Start by defining the demographics of your ideal customer, such as age group, location, and income level. Additionally, target people interested in related topics, such as home improvement or property maintenance.
Facebook provides various targeting options, including location-based targeting, interest targeting, and behavior targeting. For instance, you can target homeowners or people who recently purchased a new home. Take advantage of these options to narrow down your target audience and increase the chances of reaching more customers most likely interested in your roofing services.
To create successful roofing ads on Facebook, it is important to analyze the components that make them effective.
- The headline and ad copy should be concise and compelling, highlighting the unique selling points of your roofing services, such as quality, affordability, or timely service.
- Use clear and concise language while maintaining a conversational tone to engage with your audience.
- Include a strong call-to-action that prompts the audience to take the desired action, such as filling out a lead form or contacting your company for a quote.
- Utilize testimonials or case studies to build trust and credibility.
The image used in your roofing ad on Facebook can significantly impact its effectiveness. It’s important to select an eye-catching and relevant image that will likely grab potential customers’ attention and convey the ad’s message. Ensure the images are high quality and accurately represent the services you offer.
Remember, people scrolling through Facebook may be quickly scanning the platform, so the imagery needs to be impactful and instantly capture their attention.
A Landing page is the first point of contact for potential customers and can make or break their interest in your roofing services. A poorly designed landing page could result in high bounce rates and missed opportunities.
- Keep your landing page focused on a single offer.
- Use clear and concise language.
- Make sure your landing page is mobile-friendly.
- Use high-quality images and videos.
- Offer a free lead magnet to encourage visitors to sign up for your email list.
Thank You Page
After a user completes the desired action on your landing page, such as submitting their contact information, they should be redirected to a thank you page. This page serves multiple purposes and should not be overlooked.
Here’s why adding a thank you page benefits your roofing company:
- Confirmation and gratitude: The thank you page acknowledges the user’s action and thanks them for their interest. Expressing gratitude adds a personal touch, making them feel appreciated and more likely to continue engaging with your business.
- Opportunity for additional engagement: Use the thank you page to encourage additional actions, such as following your social media accounts, subscribing to your newsletter, or exploring related roofing resources on your website.
- Tracking and analytics: You can track conversions and evaluate the success of your lead generation campaigns by directing Facebook users to a specific thank you page. Add conversion tracking pixels or analytics tags to gain valuable insights into the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
Post-conversion follow-up is crucial in converting roofing leads into paying customers. Some effective strategies to consider are:
- Email marketing: Send personalized emails to leads who have provided their contact information. Craft engaging content highlighting your roofing expertise, showcasing testimonials, and offering exclusive promotions. Nurture leads through automated email sequences that deliver value and build trust, ultimately driving them to engage further with your services.
- Retargeting: Implement Facebook pixel or other retargeting tools to display targeted ads to users who have visited your landing page without converting. This reminds them of your roofing services and keeps your business in front of interested prospects, increasing the chances of conversion.
- Phone call follow-ups: Personalize the follow-up process by contacting leads. Establish a connection, answer any questions they may have, and provide additional information to build trust and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Consistent communication: Ensure timely and consistent communication with qualified leads to stay top-of-mind. Utilize CRM tools to track interactions, set follow-up reminders, and maintain a seamless lead nurturing process.
Comrade Digital Marketing Agency can help you with the above if you’re unsure how to go about it. Schedule a free consultation.
Examples of Facebook Ads for Roofers
There are so many Facebook posts that have CTAs, so they may look like ads. However, posts with ads in them have the word ‘Sponsored.’ This distinguishes them from the many posts a roofing company may have uploaded. Below are some examples of roofing Facebook ads.
Why does the first ad work?
The ad copy is personalized since it targets homeowners in Lakeland who may have been affected by the recent storm. It includes a CTA that offers a FREE Inspection. People are often hesitant to spend money on something they’re not sure they need, but by offering a free inspection, True Builders removes this barrier and makes it easier for homeowners to take action. The video ad mentions their location and contact info, which features a representative of True Roofers giving a tour of a damaged roof and talking about the effect of the hail damage. This makes it easy for new clients to reach out to them.
Why does the second ad work?
The image ad creates a feel-good atmosphere that people want to participate in. The image of the happy, smiling family conveys a positive, upbeat association with Edge Roofing. People want to hire a company that will provide a worry-free experience. The free gutters provide additional value and incentivize people to click the ad.
More Best Practices for Roofing Facebook Ads
Quality Ad Copy
The copy in your Facebook advertising is one of the most important factors in determining whether they’ll succeed. Your copy should be clear, concise, and persuasive. It should also be tailored to your target Facebook audience.
When writing your ad copy, focus on the benefits of your product or service. What will it do for your customers? How will it make their lives better? Use strong, action-oriented verbs and avoid using too much jargon or technical language. Remember that brevity is key on Facebook, as users tend to skim through content. Craft your ad copy to grab attention, convey the value of your services, and prompt immediate action.
Rely on Reviews
Positive reviews are among the best ways to build trust with potential customers. When people see that others have had a positive experience with your business, they are more likely to do business with you.
You can encourage satisfied customers to leave feedback on your Facebook page or other review platforms to gather reviews. Here are a few strategies to generate reviews:
- Ask for reviews directly: Reach out to customers after completing a roofing project and request feedback. Personalize the request and make it easy for them to leave a review by providing direct links or instructions.
- Incentivize reviews: Offer a small discount or reward for leaving a review. Be cautious not to violate any rules or policies of the review platform.
- Follow up with reminders: Gentle reminders to customers through email or follow-up calls can help increase the likelihood of receiving reviews.
Consider incorporating snippets or excerpts from positive reviews in your ad copy when advertising on Facebook. Including testimonials adds authenticity and strengthens the trust in your roofing services.
Make Sure Every Ad Is Mobile-Friendly
Since many people access Facebook Ads on their phones, you need to optimize your ads for various screen sizes. If your ads aren’t optimized for phones and other mobile devices, they may not display properly or may be difficult to read, resulting in a lower click-through rate and fewer leads.
To make sure your roofing ad is mobile-friendly:
- Use responsive design: Ensure your ads adjust automatically to different screen sizes and orientations. Responsive design makes your ads look visually appealing and readable on various devices.
- Simplify landing pages: If you direct users to a landing page, make sure it’s phone-friendly, too. Streamline the design, minimize unnecessary elements, and make the call-to-action buttons easily clickable on smaller screens.
- Test on mobile devices: Always preview and test your ads on various mobile devices to ensure they look and perform well.
The Final Word on Roofing Facebook Ads
Roofers should really consider Facebook Ads as an essential component of their marketing strategy, as it allows them to reach a large and targeted audience, increase brand awareness, and generate high-quality leads.
By implementing the strategies discussed in this article, roofers can create effective Facebook Ads campaigns that drive results and grow their business. If they’d rather have someone else take it off your hands while you focus on your work, you can also partner with professional digital marketing agencies like Comrade Digital Marketing Agency.
At Comrade, we offer full-service solutions like web design, search engine optimization, and PPC ads to help roofers create and implement successful Facebook Ads campaigns that convert readers into prospective clients.
Contact Comrade Digital Marketing Agency today to learn how we can help you create and implement a successful Facebook Ads campaign that drives results and grows your revenue.