Website builders make it easy for individuals, small businesses, and large firms, including law firms, to create a website without complex codes. With the right web builder, you can create a solid law firm website design that will draw potential clients and help make your legal practice stand out from the competition. But there are so many website builders out there that it can be hard to choose one.
A good law firm website builder has user-friendly designs and allows you to customize your site with ease. Many builders offer advanced features such as content management systems, social media integration, custom forms, and a variety of plugins to ensure the attorney website looks and functions perfectly. In this guide, we will:
- Tell you why law firms need a website
- Give you factors to consider when choosing a lawyer website builder
- Discuss 4 of the best website builders for law firms in 2024
- Explore what lawyers should keep in mind when creating a website
Delivering Business Results: Our Digital Marketing Case Studies
Why Do Law Firms Need a Website?
A website serves as a hub for current and prospective clients to find information about the firm and its attorneys, access resources such as case studies and legal updates, and contact the firm directly. Below are more reasons why law firms need a website.
- Online visibility: Most people today search for products and services online, including legal services. Having a website makes it easier for potential clients to find your firm online.
- Credibility: A professional website gives a law firm credibility and demonstrates that they are serious about their business. It shows that the firm is established and has invested in its online presence.
- Branding: A website allows a law firm to establish and promote its brand. Through the use of logos, images, and content, a website can effectively convey a law firm’s brand identity.
- Information and resources: A website can be used to provide information and resources to potential clients. For example, a law firm may publish information about their practice areas, team members, client testimonials, and resources such as legal guides and articles.
- Client convenience: A website can provide convenience for clients by allowing them to easily contact the firm and schedule consultations.
Ready to create a compelling online presence for your law firm? Learn about effective website design strategies in our latest blog post.
Do Lawyers Need Website Builders?
The short answer is, Yes! While lawyers don’t necessarily need website builders to create a website, website builders can be a helpful tool for those who may not have the technical skills or time to build a website from scratch. Website builders offer customization options, pre-designed templates, and drag-and-drop tools that make it easy for lawyers to create a professional-looking website.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Website Builder
When choosing a website builder for a law firm’s website, there are several important factors to consider. With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide which one is best for you. Taking the time to evaluate each option and using the factors below will help you find the perfect website builder for your needs.
- Ease of use: The website builder should be easy to use and navigate, allowing users to quickly build their website or make necessary changes without any technical knowledge.
- Flexibility: The website builder should provide users with the flexibility to customize their website as per their business requirements. This includes the option to choose from a wide range of templates, themes, and widgets.
- Law Firm SEO: The website builder should offer built-in search engine optimization (SEO) tools to help improve the website’s search engine ranking and visibility.
- Hosting: The website builder should offer reliable and secure hosting for the website, ensuring that it remains accessible and functional at all times.
- Customer support: The website builder should provide reliable and timely customer support to cater to any technical issues or queries that users might have.
- Pricing: The website builder should offer affordable and transparent pricing plans, along with the option to upgrade or downgrade as per the user’s needs.
- Integration: The website builder should offer easy integration with third-party tools and services, such as social media, payment gateways, and email marketing platforms.
- Analytics: The website builder should provide users with in-built analytics tools to help track website performance and monitor user behavior.
Best Website Builders for Law Firms in 2024
Let’s take a look at some of the best website builders for law firms in 2024 to help you make an informed decision and take your firm’s online presence to the next level.
Wix is one of the most popular website builders and offers a range of features and tools that can be valuable to lawyers looking to create a professional online presence. The platform’s intuitive drag-and-drop editor makes it easy for lawyers to customize their website design without any coding knowledge, while its range of professionally designed templates offers flexibility to create a unique and branded website.
Wix also offers a range of SEO tools that can help law firms optimize their website for search engines, ensuring that they can be found easily by potential clients. Additionally, the platform offers affordable pricing plans that make it accessible for law firms of all sizes and budgets. Wix’s integrations with third-party tools such as social media platforms, analytics tools, and email marketing software make it easy for law firms to manage their online presence and connect with potential clients.
Wix has a range of enterprise plans for larger organizations with specific needs. The platform is free to use, especially for solo lawyers. This plan includes hundreds of templates, unlimited pages, and top-grade hosting.
Website plans are further divided into 4 plans.
- Connect Domain plan: It is the most basic plan and is priced at $8/month (when billed annually). It has all the features of the free plan plus more storage.
- Combo plan: This plan is designed for personal use or small businesses and starts at $16/month (when billed annually). It includes a free domain for one year, more storage and bandwidth (2GB), and 30 mins video hours.
- Unlimited plan: This plan is suitable for growing businesses and starts at $22/month (when billed annually) and is the most popular one. It includes all the features of the Combo plan, plus more storage and bandwidth (5GB), 1 hour of video hour, a $700 ad voucher, and a site booster (SEO) app.
- VIP plan: This is the last price in the website plan. It is $45 (when billed annually). The plan includes all the features in the Unlimited plan plus 100GB storage space, a $700 ad voucher, a site booster (SEO) app, professional logo design, and priority customer support.
Pros and Cons of Wix for Lawyers
- Wix offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that makes it easy to customize website designs without any coding knowledge.
- The platform offers a range of professionally designed templates that can be customized to suit the unique branding and messaging of the law firm.
- Wix offers a range of SEO tools to help law firms optimize their website for search engines, including meta descriptions, title tags, and structured data markup.
- The platform offers affordable pricing plans, making it accessible for law firms of all sizes and budgets.
- Wix offers a range of integrations with third-party tools such as social media platforms, analytics tools, and email marketing software, making it easy to manage a law firm’s online presence.
- Wix’s drag-and-drop editor can be limiting for more complex customizations or advanced features that some law firms may require.
- Some users report that the platform’s customer support can be slow or unresponsive at times.
- The platform’s pricing plans can be restrictive in terms of storage and bandwidth, and there may be additional costs associated with premium features or third-party integrations.
Squarespace is another good website builder platform that offers a range of features and tools that can be valuable to attorneys looking to create a professional online presence. The platform offers a range of professionally designed templates that can be customized to suit the unique branding and messaging of the law firm, without requiring any coding knowledge.
The templates are responsive, meaning they adapt to any screen size, ensuring a seamless experience for site visitors on desktop or mobile devices. Squarespace also offers a range of SEO tools that can help law firms optimize their website for search engines, including the ability to add meta descriptions, title tags, and structured data markup.
Additionally, the platform offers affordable pricing plans, making it accessible for law firms of all sizes and budgets. Squarespace’s integrations with third-party tools such as social media platforms, analytics tools, and email marketing software make it easy for law firms to manage their online presence and connect with potential clients.
It’s worth noting that Squarespace doesn’t offer a free plan, but does offer a 14-day free trial for all plans. Additionally, Squarespace charges a transaction fee on each sale made through its e-commerce platform, which varies depending on the plan.
- Personal plan: This plan is designed for personal use and starts at $16/month (when paid annually). It includes a free custom domain, a mobile-friendly website, and access to a range of website templates.
- Business plan: This plan is designed for small businesses and starts at $23/month (when paid annually). It includes all the features of the Personal plan, plus fully integrated e-commerce features, access to advanced website analytics, and checkout on your domain.
- Basic commerce plan: This plan is designed for growing businesses and starts at $27/month (when paid annually). It includes all the features of the Business plan, plus powerful merchandising.
- Advanced commerce plan: This plan is designed for high-volume businesses and starts at $49/month (when paid annually). It includes all the features of the Basic Commerce plan, plus advanced shipping and discounts, and the ability to sell subscriptions.
Pros and Cons of Squarespace for Lawyers
- Professional design: Squarespace offers a range of professionally designed templates that can be customized to create a visually appealing website for the law firm.
- Ease of use: Squarespace’s user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop editor makes it easy for lawyers without coding knowledge to create and manage a website.
- SEO tools: Squarespace offers a range of built-in SEO tools that can help law firms optimize their website for search engines and improve their online visibility.
- Mobile responsiveness: Squarespace’s templates are designed to be responsive, meaning they adapt to any device and screen size, ensuring a seamless experience for visitors on desktop or mobile.
- No free plan: Though Squarespace’s pricing plans are affordable, the absence of a free plan makes it less suitable for solo lawyers on a tight budget.
- Customizability: Squarespace may be less customizable than other website builders, making it harder to create complex or unique features.
- Transaction fees: Squarespace charges a transaction fee on each sale made through its e-commerce platform, which may impact law firms that sell products or services through their website.
- Limited integrations: Squarespace has a limited range of integrations with third-party tools, which may limit the ability of law firms to connect with clients or manage their online presence.
WordPress is the largest website-building platform with over 800 million sites created to date. It accounts for over 43% of the market shares in the field of website building. It is a highly customizable website lawyers, law firms, and attorneys can use in their website journey.
With its extensive range of SEO tools, open-source platform, and e-commerce capabilities, WordPress can help law firms create a professional and effective online presence that meets their specific needs. Additionally, WordPress offers a vast library of plugins and themes that can be easily integrated to help law firms manage and grow their website.
WordPress itself is a free and open-source platform that can be downloaded and used to build a website. However, there are some costs associated with using WordPress as a website builder for lawyers and law firms. These include:
- Domain name: You will need to purchase a domain name, which typically costs around $9 for the personal plan to around $40 for a business plan per month. The enterprise piece is not stated on the website so you have to contact the WordPress team.
- Web hosting: You will need to choose a web hosting provider to host your website, which can range from a few dollars per month to hundreds of dollars per month, depending on the level of service and features.
- Themes and plugins: While many themes and plugins for WordPress are free, some premium options can cost anywhere from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars.
Pros and Cons of WordPress for Lawyers
- Customizability: WordPress offers a high degree of customizability, allowing law firms to create a unique website that meets their specific needs and requirements.
- SEO tools: WordPress offers a range of built-in SEO tools and plugins that can help law firms optimize their website for search engines and improve their online visibility.
- Open-source platform: WordPress is an open-source platform, meaning it can be customized and extended by developers to create custom features or integrations for law firms.
- Ecommerce capabilities: WordPress can be used to create an online store for law firms that sell products or services through their website.
- Extensive library of plugins and themes: WordPress has a vast library of plugins and themes that can be easily integrated to help law firms manage and grow their website.
- Technical knowledge required: WordPress requires some technical knowledge to set up and manage, which may be a challenge for lawyers who are not tech-savvy.
- Security and maintenance: WordPress requires regular updates and maintenance to ensure the website remains secure, which may require time and resources from law firms.
- Third-party integrations: Some third-party integrations may require additional coding or customization to work with WordPress, which may be challenging for law firms with limited technical expertise.
Weebly is the last website builder on our list. It is easy to use and offers a range of features that can be beneficial for lawyers and law firms. It offers a drag-and-drop interface that allows users to easily create and customize their websites without any coding experience. Weebly also offers a variety of professional-looking templates that can be customized to match the branding and style of a law firm.
Weebly’s e-commerce features can be useful for law firms that sell legal products or services online. The platform allows for easy integration with payment gateways and shipping providers. Additionally, Weebly’s mobile optimization ensures that the website is responsive and looks great on any device, including smartphones and tablets.
Weebly offers a range of pricing plans for its website builder platform. Here are the current prices as of 2024:
- Free Plan: Weebly offers a free plan with limited features. They are free SSL security and the ability to add third-party embed code.
- Personal Plan: The Personal Plan costs $10 per month when paid annually or $13 per month when paid monthly. This plan gives you the perks that come with the free plan and the ability to add a custom domain.
- Professional Plan: The Professional Plan costs $12 per month when paid annually or $16 per month when paid monthly. This plan includes all the features of the Personal Plan, plus advanced site stats, a free domain, the ability to remove square ads, and password protection.
- Performance Plan: The Performance Plan costs $26 per month when paid annually or $29 per month when paid monthly. This plan includes all the features of the Professional Plan, plus more features.
Pros and Cons of Weebly for Lawyers
- Easy to use: Weebly offers a simple drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy for them to create and customize their law firm websites without any coding experience.
- Affordable pricing: Weebly’s pricing plans are affordable and offer a range of features that can be useful for law firms of different sizes and needs.
- Ecommerce features: Weebly’s e-commerce features, including the ability to sell legal products and services online, can be helpful for law firms looking to expand their business.
- Mobile optimization: Weebly’s mobile optimization ensures that the website is responsive and looks great on any device, including smartphones and tablets.
- Limited customization: Weebly’s templates and design options may not offer the same level of control over the website’s design and functionality as other website builders.
- Limited third-party app integrations: Weebly’s app store is not as extensive as other website builders, which may limit the ability to add certain features or integrations.
- Limited scalability: Weebly may not be the best option for law firms looking for a highly scalable website that can handle a large amount of traffic and complex functionality.
What Should Lawyers Keep in Mind When Creating a Website?
There are specific legal and ethical considerations that law firms should keep in mind when building their website. Here are some of them:
- Attorney advertising regulations: The most important thing for law firms is to be aware of the rules and regulations governing attorney advertising in their jurisdiction. For example, some states have specific requirements for disclaimers, disclosures, and content that can be included in attorney advertising. Website builders can provide templates that include required disclaimers and disclosures when lawyer websites are being customized in order to comply with regulations.
- Confidentiality and privacy: Law firms need to ensure that their website is secure and that client information is protected. Website builders provide SSL certificates to encrypt website traffic, secure hosting, and compliance with data protection regulations such as GDPR.
- Accessibility: Law firms’ websites need to be accessible to people with disabilities, including those with visual or hearing impairments. Website builders can help address these concerns by offering accessibility features such as alt-text descriptions for images, keyboard navigation, and color contrast options.
- Ethical considerations: Law firms need to ensure that their website accurately represents their practice and services, and does not make false or misleading claims. Website builders help to provide guidance on best practices for website content and design, and by offering templates and features that comply with ethical rules and regulations.
Elevate your law firm’s online presence with effective website objectives. Discover the strategies you need in our latest blog post.
As we have mentioned above, website builders can be very helpful since they do not require technical capabilities. Each website builder has its strengths and weaknesses, and it is important to consider factors such as pricing, ease of use, features, and customization options when making a decision.
While website builders can be a great option for law firms looking to create a professional and great law firm website, it is important to keep in mind legal and ethical considerations such as attorney advertising regulations, confidentiality and privacy, accessibility, and ethical considerations.
If you’re looking for a trusted partner to help you with your law firm’s digital marketing needs, Comrade Digital Marketing Agency can help. With years of experience working with law firms and attorneys, Comrade Digital Marketing Agency offers web design solutions, SEO strategy, and PPC advertising for lawyers to help you improve your online presence, increase visibility, and attract new clients for greater profitability.